What is European Day for Border Guards
The European Day for Border Guards (ED4BG) is an annual event, organised by Frontex, taking place second half of May each year.
ED4BG presents Europe’s border-guard community with an opportunity to share experiences and best practice. It provides a forum for topical discussion, exchange of views between key border-management players, and a platform to bring together the worlds of public service and private industry.
One of the event’s key objectives is to foster a community of EU border guardianship with shared values and priorities. Above all it is an expression of appreciation and celebration of Europe’s border-management authorities and their personnel.
18 September 2014
Gardaí will no longer check passports at Dublin Airport
European Day for Border Guards 2014
- Evolution of European Frontiers
- Integrated Border Management and its way forward
- Migrants at sea – high expectations, limited solutions
- Contingency planning and the challenges of border control
- The price of borders
- European Joint Master’s in Strategic Border Management - Excellency in Border Guard Leadership