What is European Day for Border Guards
The European Day for Border Guards (ED4BG) is an annual event, organised by Frontex, taking place second half of May each year.
ED4BG presents Europe’s border-guard community with an opportunity to share experiences and best practice. It provides a forum for topical discussion, exchange of views between key border-management players, and a platform to bring together the worlds of public service and private industry.
One of the event’s key objectives is to foster a community of EU border guardianship with shared values and priorities. Above all it is an expression of appreciation and celebration of Europe’s border-management authorities and their personnel.
11 December 2014
Satellites and Zeppelins: Serious Tech Helps Europe Lock Down Its Borders | WIRED
The Europeans are no less determined than the US to secure its borders, relying on everything from drones and unmanned ships to guys in zeppelins to protect itself from those who hope to sneak in from North Africa, the Middle East and elsewhere.
European Day for Border Guards 2014
- Evolution of European Frontiers
- Integrated Border Management and its way forward
- Migrants at sea – high expectations, limited solutions
- Contingency planning and the challenges of border control
- The price of borders
- European Joint Master’s in Strategic Border Management - Excellency in Border Guard Leadership